Women and men with complete or partial eyelash or eyebrow loss can regain their eyebrow and eyelash through a micro surgical hair transplant procedure. It is safe, effective, minimally invasive, and takes only 1 session in most cases.
The medical term for eyelash loss is madarosis. Eyelash loss can be permanent or temporary. This condition is often due to blepharitis, or inflammation of the eyelids.
What causes eyebrow and/or eyelash loss in men and women?
- Physical trauma, e.g., accident, thermal, chemical or electrical burns.
- Systemic or local disease that causes loss of eyebrow and/or eyelashes
- Congenital inability to grow eyebrows and/or eyelashes
- Plucking (to reshape the eyebrow) that results in permanent loss of eyebrows.
- Self-inflicted obsessive plucking of eyebrows and/or eyelashes (trichotillomania).
- Medical or surgical treatments that result in eyebrow or eyelash loss—e.g., radiation therapy, chemotherapy, surgical removal of tumor.
- Possible signs of alopecia areata for some individuals.
Is eyebrow and/or eyelash restoration procedure safe?
Yes, it is a minimally invasive micro surgical procedure. Usually 1 session is all that is required.
Where does the donor hair come from? How is the procedure done?
The donor hair is extracted one follicle at a time from either your scalp or your leg. The donor is usually taken from a site that furnishes finer rather than coarser hair; finer hair is a better “match” for eyebrow hair. Donor hair is transplanted micro surgically 1 or 2 hairs at a time. Each graft is placed into an incision prepared for it. The use of single hairs or micrografts permits meticulous adherence to the eyebrow contour for a natural appearance.
Is the result natural?
Yes, they are your own naturally growing hair. In many cases, they are more beautifully shaped and contoured than what you were born with.
A Consultation with Dr. Prasad at PRASAD Cosmetic Surgery will answer all your questions and give you a full description of the procedure your recovery time and answer other questions you may have.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Prasad to determine the best procedure for you, submit the form below or call our Manhattan office at (646) 820-1980 or Garden City Long Island Office at (516) 535-9490. Our phones are open 24 Hours a Day / 7 Days a Week.