The medical term for eyelash loss is madarosis. Madarosis can be either permanent or temporary, and can be caused by various different reasons, some of which may include blepharitis, or inflammation of the eyelids. Women and men with complete or partial eyelash or eyebrow loss can regain their eyebrows and eyelashes through a microsurgical hair transplant procedure from Dr. Prasad’s eyelash services. These eyelash services are safe, effective, minimally invasive, and in most cases, takes only one session.
Causes for Eyebrow/Eyelash Loss in Men and Women
- Physical trauma (e.g. accidental, thermal, chemical or electrical burns).
- Systemic or local disease that causes loss of eyebrow and/or eyelashes.
- Congenital inability to grow eyebrows and/or eyelashes.
- Plucking (to reshape the eyebrow) that results in permanent loss of eyebrows.
- Self-inflicted obsessive plucking of eyebrows and/or eyelashes (trichotillomania).
- Medical or surgical treatments that result in eyebrow or eyelash loss (e.g. radiation therapy, chemotherapy, surgical removal of tumor).
- Possible early signs of alopecia areata for some individuals.
- Skin conditions like psoriasis.
Are these Eyelash Services Safe?
Yes, these are minimally invasive microsurgical procedures that usually only require one session.
The Eyebrow/Eyelash Restoration Procedure
Donor hair is usually taken from a site that furnishes finer rather than coarser hair—finer hair is a better “match” for eyebrow hair. For this reason, donor hair is is taken from either your scalp or your leg, and is extracted one follicle at a time. Donor hair is transplanted microsurgically at a rate of 1 or 2 hairs at a time. Each graft is placed into an incision that was previously prepared for it. The use of single hairs or micrografts permits meticulous adherence to the natural contour of the eyebrow and makes for a more natural appearance.
Are the Results Natural?
Yes, results come to look very natural because your own naturally growing hair is what is used in the transplant procedure. In many cases, they are often even more beautifully-shaped and contoured than the original eyebrows that you were born with.